Inside Alfalfa Studio: Jonathan Zimmer
Every week we will introduce the people at Alfalfa Studio. Today, we invite you to meet Jonathan Zimmer, our current design intern. He loves stripes, any shade of green, candy—you can always find him shopping at Kado, his favorite candy store—and has been taking pictures since he was 4 years old. His …
Every week we will introduce the people at Alfalfa Studio. Today, we invite you to meet Jonathan Zimmer, our current design intern. He loves stripes, any shade of green, candy—you can always find him shopping at Kado, his favorite candy store—and has been taking pictures since he was 4 years old. His favorite places in New York City are the Williamsburg Bridge and Bryant Park because of he loves people watching. When looking for design inspiration online, he goes to Ignant.
To find out more about Jonathan’s personality, we asked him to fill in an abbreviated version of the legendary Proust Questionnaire. Here it is:
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Having my friends around and laugh with them—ideally whilst eating.
2. What is your greatest fear? To not be able to see all of this planet before I die.
3. Which living person do you most admire? Those that do what they want.
4. What is your greatest extravagance? I am a big daydreamer. I claim the right to make people repeat things. Haha.
5. What is your current state of mind? I am happy. I am also hungry and my eyelids start feeling heavy.
6. On what occasion do you lie? When necessary but very rarely. I try to be as frank as acceptable. But I can be blunt.
7. What do you most dis like about your appearance? My ears.
8. What is the quality you most like in a person? Authenticity.
9. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Scheiße.
10. Which talent would you most like to have? Singing.
11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would stop questioning things.
12. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? I would be a better me. If I fail I’d most likely be a bed.
13. Where would you most like to live? Ich bin ein Berliner.
14. Who are your favorite writers? I could answer that if I had more time for reading.
15. Who is your hero of fiction? Patrick Starfish.
16. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Probably anyone that went crazy.
17. Who are your heroes in real life? My friends. Do you want their names?
18. What are your favorite names? I don’t have any. My children’s names will be One, Two and Three.
19. What is it that you most dislike? I am not the biggest fan of questionnaires…
20. What is your motto? If I had one it would probably be: Be happy. Very simple.
Illustration by Aya Kawabata