Inside Alfalfa Studio: Gabriela Mirensky
Every week we will introduce another member of the Alfalfa Studio team. Today, we invite you to meet Gabriela Mirensky, our Director of Client Service and Business Development. Gabriela loves jewelry; one of her coveted pieces is Antonio Bernando’s “Puzzle Ring.” Walking around museums always improves her mood, even if already very good; …
Every week we will introduce another member of the Alfalfa Studio team. Today, we invite you to meet Gabriela Mirensky, our Director of Client Service and Business Development.
Gabriela loves jewelry; one of her coveted pieces is Antonio Bernando‘s “Puzzle Ring.” Walking around museums always improves her mood, even if already very good; her favorite in New York City are MoMA and The Metropolitan Museum of Art. She finds cooking creative, soothing and therapeutic. Among her favorite foods are stone fruits and fresh mozzarella, which she gets at DiPalo’s, one of the great stores in our neighborhood. Her pets are two lovely mice, Jenny and Marita (high-level of entertainment to low maintenance quotient).
A few years ago, Gabriela visited and walked on the Glacier Perito Moreno, an unforgettable experience. She loves singing, specially Gracias a la vida and Hoy Puede Ser un gran dia. When looking for nice stuff online, she goes to Fab and Etsy.
To find out more about Gabriela’s personality, we asked her to fill in an abbreviated version of the legendary Proust Questionnaire. Here it is:
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Emotional, mental and physical balance.
2. What is your greatest fear? To die without having made a difference in someone’s life.
3. Which living person do you most admire? Nelson Mandela
4. What is your greatest extravagance? When I eat beef, it must be very high-quality, charcoal grilled, with just a bit of sea salt and nothing else.
5. What is your current state of mind? Pretty good!
6. On what occasion do you lie? When asked about my weight…
7. What do you most dislike about your appearance? Hmmm, I’ll plead the Fifth on that one.
8. What is the quality you most like in a person? Authenticity
9. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Really? Really! Really…
10. Which talent would you most like to have? Does flying count as a talent? If not, storytelling.
11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My metabolism.
12. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? An astronaut.
13. Where would you most like to live? Near my close friends and relatives.
15. Who is your hero of fiction? Cap. Pantaleon Pantoja
16. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Can’t think of just one…
17. Who are your heroes in real life? Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.; Gandhi; Yitzhak Rabin; Mercedes Sosa, and many others.
18. What are your favorite names? Violet, Lilah, Shiri.
19. What is it that you most dislike? Mushy-textured foods.
2o. What is your motto? Treat everyone and everything with respect.